The PEFC alliance provides reach and relevance of forest certification programs around the globe. SFI shares the PEFC alliance’s promotion of sustainable forest management and its recognition in the supply chain from the local to the global level. SFI is proud to be part of the PEFC alliance, an alliance that fosters and supports initiatives of members that are unique and innovative around the world.
PEFC Endorsement Timeline
- SFI Chain of Custody Standard endorsed: 17 May 2022
- Third re-endorsement: 16 December 2021
- Small lands group certification module endorsed: 12 November 2019
- Second re-endorsement: 12 August 2016
- First re-endorsement: 3 November 2011
- First endorsement: 6 December 2005
- Joined PEFC: 19 June 2001
As a PEFC National Member, SFI is responsible for developing and running SFI Standards.
The endorsement of the SFI 2022 Chain of Custody Standard means it has been assessed and recognized as a valid certification standard to make PEFC claims and apply to use the PEFC on-product logo. Based on this endorsement, PEFC content claims can include SFI-certified product. For more details, visit our Tools for PEFC Logo Users page.
Visit PEFC International’s website.